Monroe, Louisiana Debt Collection Attorneys
Extensive experience handling collection cases
Nelson, Zentner, Sartor & Snellings, LLC is trusted by clients across Louisiana to help them recover the money they are owed for their goods and services. The firm has been around for more than 10 years, providing clients with legal advice and litigation services at every level of state and federal courts. They have successfully helped a wide variety of clients — including hospitals, physicians, banks, businesses, corporations, attorneys, accountants, landlords, real estate agencies, consulting firms and financing companies — collect the debts owed to them.
Monroe attorneys committed to providing results
Nelson, Zentner, Sartor & Snellings, LLC can assist you if you need help collecting money from debtors on:
- Unpaid loans
- Guaranties and promissory notes
- Letters of credit and other extensions of credit
- Fees owed for professional services
- Debts for goods sold or delivered
- Liens of all varieties
- Unpaid rent and charges for apartments, condominiums and co-ops
- Unjust enrichment claims
- Writs of Fieri Facias in response to money judgments
- Breach of contract actions
The firm is dedicated to delivering an exceptional client experience. In addition to providing litigation services, they also review clients’ current contracts to eliminate potential issues that may arise in the future. By fighting for you today and protecting you for the future, Nelson, Zentner, Sartor & Snellings, LLC makes sure that you get the results that you deserve.
An overview of the collections process
- Receipt and review of your files
- Demand letter — The firm’s attorneys send a letter to your debtor demanding payment. If the debtor responds to the letter, the firm works with you to see if you want to discount the debt and to set up a payment schedule.
- Lawsuit — If the debtor does not respond, the firm’s attorneys seek your permission to file a lawsuit. Once the suit is filed, they move quickly to obtain a judgment in your favor before trial. Although rare, if trial becomes necessary, they vigorously defend your right to collect payment.
- Judgment — A judgment gives the firm’s attorneys the opportunity to get the debtor’s attention. They attach liens on the debtor’s real estate and move to file wage garnishments to secure payment on the debt. These garnishments take money from the debtor’s bank account, paychecks and any other sources of income. If they cannot locate a debtor’s place of employment, they can force the debtor to appear in court for a post-judgment deposition to testify about the individual’s finances.
- Jail — If the debtor fails to appear at the deposition, the firm’s attorneys can have the debtor jailed for contempt of court. They usually reach out to the debtor before this becomes necessary, but if people continue to refuse to pay what they owe, the firm’s attorneys have no problem with sending them to jail.
Experienced attorneys. Proven results.
Call Nelson, Zentner, Sartor & Snellings, LLC in Monroe today at 318-388-4454 or contact the firm online to schedule your free initial consultation.
Nelson, Zentner, Sartor & Snellings, LLC
serves clients in Monroe and throughout Louisiana as well as nationwide.