George M. Snellings, IV
- General litigation defense
- Insurance defense
- Product liability law
- Commercial litigation
- Workers compensation law
- Domestic law
- Corporation, limited liability and partnership organization
- Contract and lease formation
- Governmental tort liability
- Louisiana and Mississippi, 1994
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D., 1993
- Louisiana State University and A.&M. College, B.S., Accounting
Associations and memberships
- Fourth Judicial District, Louisiana State, Federal and American Bar Associations
- The Mississippi Bar
- Louisiana Association of Defense Lawyers
- Board of Community Trust Bank (since 2007, audit comittee chair)
- Board for Bayou Desiard Country Club (present)
- Advisory council, St. Paul’s Methodist Church
- Member, Phi Delta Phi
Mr. Snellings has been practicing law with the offices of Nelson, Zentner, Sartor & Snellings, L.L.C. since its inception in 2001. He was a member of an established defense firm from 1993 to 2001. He practiced accounting in Houston, Texas with Ernst & Young from 1989 to 1991. He graduated from Louisiana State University and A.&M. College in 1988 with a Bachelor of Science in Accounting and from the Mississippi College School of Law in Jackson in 1993. He is a member of the Fourth Judicial District, Louisiana State and Federal Bar Associations and the Mississippi Bar Association.
Mr. Snellings’ expertise in accounting derived from his work with the audit department at Ernst & Young (formally Ernst & Whinney) since 1989. He provided external audit services for financial institutions and manufacturing facilities until 1991 before going to law school.
Born and raised in Monroe, Louisiana, George and his wife, Janelle, married in 2001 and have 3 children, Sallie Jayne, Georgia, and Quinn. George passed away on June 16, 2022.
- Monroe, Louisiana
Nelson, Zentner, Sartor & Snellings, LLC
serves clients in Monroe and throughout Louisiana as well as nationwide.